Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Typical Atrocities

Typical Atrocities 

Why do I have to be labeled so typically

Why do I have to be subject to such atrocities

Why do I have to be the target of animosities

I have always tried my best to do all I can for the rest

Hear I sit for I can't stand bearing the weight of this horrible brand

Why do I have to be the guy the guy that always seems to sigh

Why can't I be the one the one who's dancing around the sun

I find myself at a loss In trying my best I've only lost

I just want to be the one that anyone can call their son

I don't want to be the one that's thought to cheat and lie for fun

I just want to be the king and dance around the boxer's ring

I don't want to be the guy with hateful thoughts behind my eyes

Can't you see where all the same unfortunate souls of a perilous game

Can't you see we're grains of sand held in mother nature's hand

I don't want to be the one that's told he ever has to run

Please don't make me be that guy that's hated so much he wants to die

I just want to be the one that get's to dance around the sun

I just want to be the king dancing in the boxer's ring

Holding my gloves in the air, I bear this burden and you don't care

---RipplebyPebble

No comments: